Providing communication services
Throughout its 16 years of development, it had already established its own trunking networks in northern and western Moscow satellite cities, and provided communication services for many major public events like the World Youth Games, Celebrations of Russia's National Day, and the World Figure Skating Championships.
It also provided leasing services for Municipal Administration, Road Transport Bureau, Underwater Pipe Bureau, Subway Construction Company, Bank, Taxi, etc., with more than 3,000 terminal users.
Upgrading in a harsh environment
The analog trunking system used by Telco encountered a number of problems, which led to the requirement for a network upgrade. Some of the challenges which led to this requirement were:
- AGEING EQUIPMENT
The analogue trunking system that was in use had been operative for over 15 years. It was no longer performing or functioning according to growing demands placed upon it.
- LACK OF FOLLOW-UP MAINTENANCE & SERVICE
The original supplier had already terminated after-sale services for the analogue trunking system.
- FURTHER UPGRADES
The digital migration of the analog system needed to be carried out in the foreseeable future. Products had to be compliant with ETSI open standard so as to meet the growing communications demands and multi-vendor options.
- LARGE COVERAGE
The vast but sparsely populated areas require large communications coverage with good signalling.
- HARSH ENVIRONMENT
The products had to be highly rugged and reliable.
Hytera's network performance wins the day
To address these challenges, the operator had several solutions for a trial operation, and finally chose Hytera because of its excellent network performance.
Hytera designed a Hytera DMR Trunking Pro compliant to ETSI standards. The single-site network, designed in the first phase, was used to cover the city centre. This IP-based network design connected the base station and MSO via IP, facilitating further expansion and upgrade.
This was the first Hytera DMR Trunking Pro network to operate in Russia.
- Compliant to Open Digital Standard – Hytera DMR Trunking Pro is compliant to the ETSI open standard and compatible with DMR Tier III equipments of other manufacturers, allowing more purchasing options for customers.
- Large Coverage – Hytera DMR Trunking Pro infrastructure and terminals are designed for large coverage with excellent performance, perfectly meeting the coverage demands of vast territory and scattered lease user in Russia, while saving on infrastructure costs. In the trial operation, the Hytera solution had the best coverage performance among all the suppliers in the same location with the same antenna system.
- High Spectrum Efficiency – DMR Radio technology adopts TDMA two time-slot technology which divides the 12.5kHz bandwidth into two 6.5 kHz time slots to support 2 simultaneous communication channels, greatly enhancing spectrum efficiency and system capacity.
- Digital Voice with Strong Anti-interference Capability and Better Audio Quality – Hytera DMR Trunking terminals adopt advanced digital voice coding and channel coding technology, which can better suppress noise and interference, especially at the edge of coverage, achieving better audio quality compared with analog technology.
- Multi-dispatcher Design – Hytera DMR Trunking Pro dispatcher adopts C/S architecture, and can support up to 32 dispatchers to meet demands for management by different lease groups and multiple dispatchers.
- Powerful Trunking Functions – Support many advanced functions of Hytera DMR trunking solution like real-time recording, PSTN call, and GPS positioning to enrich selling points of the operator and finally meet various business requirements from different lease users.