Integration of scientific and technological innovation
With economic development growing at such a fast pace in China, demand for oil & gas and related products has kept growing. The scale of the company has expanded significantly, placing extra pressure on key points of the business.
For this reason, the conventional communication system could no longer meet the communication demands of day-to-day work. In 2007, CNPC and Beijing Changping District Government signed a strategic cooperation framework agreement for the construction of a leading oil & gas industry base that integrates scientific and technological innovation, product development and manufacturing.
The total construction scale of the project is 1.5 million square meters. It aims at establishing CNPC into a comprehensive international energy company.
The request - a high-performance communication system
The CNPC Science and Technology Park Project is sizeable - a basement, 11 floors above ground and 3 floors for podium. 1 basement is used as the garage, an equipment room and a storage room and was constructed in two phases.
The total construction area is over 200,000 square meters with a ground floor area of over 160,000 square meters and underground construction area of over 39,000 square meters. An efficient Science and Technology Park requires a high-performance communication system. CNPC required unified dispatching and individual calls, group calls, text messaging capability, free grouping requirements and other practical communication functionalities for all departments.
CNPC required a full-feature, highly scalable communications solution - with a preference for digital communications for stronger dispatching and advanced grouping.
Armed with a full understanding what the customer needs, Hytera proposed a DMR digital trunking communications system for CNPC.
The DMR digital trunking communication system is a professional wireless communication system with shared channels by multi-user and multi-sector and can dynamically manage and use these channels. The system is mainly used for command and dispatching communication and its superiority relies on rapid response, ease of use and multi-level dispatching in a wide range of wireless communications.
Hytera established a digital trunking system with 4 carriers 8 channels by using TDMA dual time-slot technology for CNPC Science and Technology Park. 1 DMR trunking base station, 4 digital trunking mobile terminals and 50 digital portable terminals were deployed in the system.
- Strong anti-interference capability, superior audio quality and long communication distance.
- Doubled communication capacity achieved by TDMA technology.
- Various call types, including individual call, group call and all call, together with flexible grouping.
- Powerful management functions such as system parameter setting and user information management.
- High channel efficiency with dynamically allocated and managed channels, and high system stability with dedicated digital signalling channels.
- Modular system design for powerful dispatching and high scalability, enabling the users to expand the system easily if and when user volumes increase.