Supporting a key industry
Oil and Gas is a key industry in the Middle East, providing a sizeable portion of GDP for many of the countries in the region. Exploration and development has already developed into a complex industry chain, and equipment requires a high level of standards.
Most of all, though, communications are of paramount importance, ensuring that all staff within the group are able to cooperate effectively. This not only improves productivity, but it improves safety levels.
ADCO came to Hytera requiring a convenient, efficient communications solution that met the high Explosion-Proof standard for the Hydrocarbon environment.
What ADCO needed
ADCO proposed the following requirements for their communications solution:
- Meet anti-explosion requirements to protect staff safety.
- Release large-range coverage in case of wide-range accident notification.
- 'All call' Super Priority, ensuring everyone will receive a signal when an accident occurs.
Explosion proof radios with safety features
Considering ADCO’s high explosion proof safety standard, Hytera offered their TC-700EX FM which is certified as an intrinsically safe radio, as the key piece of equipment for their communications needs.
- TC-700EX meets the Class I, II, III, Division 1, Group C to G, T3C standard.
- The intrinsically safe design of the motherboard prevents the radio from igniting flammable gases or fuels and it is applicable to ADCO's exploration environment.
Another big concern for ADCO is the protection of staff when danger happens. With TC-700EX multi-safety assurance including Man Down, Lone Worker and Safety Check, staff and their teams can get the current status of all staff working, and it will enable appropriate action to be taken without any delay, preventing damage to property or harm to personal safety.