A comprehensive solution was needed
In order to ensure the project ran well, a comprehensive solution was needed, which included:
- A GSM solution
- A GE compressor solution
- Video monitor solution
- TRS (Trunk Radio System) solution
- ...and many other solutions
Hytera took part in this project as the subcontractor of the Trunk Radio System provider.
Wide coverage, explosion proof
For safety, explosion-proof IIC class radio, with an out power lower than 1W is a necessity when working around a gas pipeline. A comprehensive dispatching and management function was also needed; here are the detailed requirements:
- >95% coverage, >99% one-time call termination rate.
- Interconnection between the TRS with PSTN/PABX: the radio under the vehicle should call the radio under each Base Station through the voice exchange network.
- Can use conventional radios under Trunk system.
- Take future expansion into account and be ready to upgrade into Digital era.
- Turnkey project, calls for comprehensive engineering capability.
- Data application: besides the basic voice dispatching, the SMS and status message function is also needed.
“Hytera was understood what we do, and helped us extensively. It didn't matter what documentation was required, what technical communication was needed or what delivery required supporting, Hytera performed as an experienced international company. We were so happy to cooperate with Hytera, and we hope we will continue to work with them in the next stage of the gas pipeline project.”
Eric Liu – Project Manager
China National Petroleum Corporation
After analysing the technical requirements, Hytera designed the specific solution which includes:
- 1 control center
- 7 base stations
- 3 TS-8600 vehicle mini trunk system
- 40 RD98X repeaters
- 180 portable radios
- System management for terminal and dispatchers
- IP over satellite to realise communication between mini trunk vehicle and fix trunk system.
- Provide outsourcing IIC low power radio, proving system's compatibility.
- Enlarge coverage by adjusting 1 RD98XM to repeater mode under every base station.
- Excellent site planning and product performance helps to achieve 1 time call access.
- Realise TRS connect with PSTN/PABX by 2-time dial up.
- DMR oriented RD98XM supports analog system while makes it possible for future upgrades to digital system.
Besides providing equipment, Hytera assisted the customer with:
- System installation/commissioning.
- Tower purchase/installation/frequency application.
- Tailored solutions for customer, such as a specific-size MPT base station.